Tuesday 2 February 2010

If

If I were a crow,
I would leave the swamp for meadows.
If I were a hero,
I would wear two shinny medals.
But I'm not a crow.
And I'm not a hero.

If I were a bird,
I would fly across the world.
If I were a pawn,
I'd protect my king in war.
But I'm not a bird.
And I'm not a pawn.

If I were a fish,
I would never leave the lake.
If I were a wish,
I would be the wish you'd make.
But I'm not a fish.
And I'm not a wish.

If I were a cloud,
I would never rain on you.
If I were the sun,
I would start the day for you.
But I'm not a cloud.
And I’m not the sun.

I am the meadow that's stretching so far.
I am the medals that you wear so proud.
I am the sky as blue as your eyes.
I am the king fighting for lives.
I am the lake you're calling your home.
I am the person that wishes you now.
I am a day that’s sunny and bright.
I am a ray that comes holding light.

I am a reason, a reason to live.
I am an idea that you cannot see.
I am the heart beat of wake up alarms.
I am the words you're speaking in tongues.
I am the spirit of places untouched.
I am the marvel that you like to watch.
I am the crossroad you're facing right now.
I am the poet that's writing his vows.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Things I Like

 
Copyright 2010-2013 Ganea Tudorel Lucilius. All rights reserved with Myows.