Tuesday 14 June 2011

Playing Chess With Einstein

This table looks so weird.
It’s shaped like a cross.
And they’ll crucify me,
Almost naked,
More than twenty eyes looking at me,
Studying my curious behavior.
‘All these people are going to see me naked in a while.’
That passed through my head.
I never thought of public exposure before.
I think it must be funny to lay on that table with this in mind,
But who gives a dime about the wires they’ll put in me,
About all the instruments they’ll use on me,
About the Guinea Pig I’ll be for them,
Or about the possibility of never waking up again,
When they’ll see me naked in a state like this?
‘All these people are going to see me naked in a while.’
I thought again and I let myself crucified.

She told me:
‘Don’t be nervous and don’t be afraid.’
‘I’m not at all’, I honestly replied,
But I must have said that only in my mind,
Because she said the same thing to me again.
And I started to think about the consequences only then.
And maybe I was a little afraid and a little nervous,
But I’ve been one of the bravest persons facing them.
I’ve seen two people die in this past two months,
But I’ve came here with open heart.
Is this meaningless to them?
“Why are they all moving around?
And why is everything so quiet now?
And where’s the one that’s going to…’
And everything went blind, deaf and tasteless.

I opened up my eyes.
I was in a facility where people are kept tied.
And I was plugged into machines,
Feeling how they drain me of my life.
And everything was blurry,
And I was so confused.
What happened all this time and why am I abused?
I closed my eyes.

I opened them again
And I was flying with my bed!
I was levitating,
But the wires kept me anchored to the ground.
And only now I noticed that I was on a hill,
And grass was dancing in the wind.
The other beds where firmly grounded,
But I was moving side to side,
Frenetic as the ideas forming in my mind.
‘Am I inside a dream?’
I closed my eyes again.

Should I open them once more?
I feel much safer in the dark.
I don’t see wires,
I am not flying,
And I’m not tied.
Who knows what else I’ll see,
If I have the guts to leave,
To open up my eyes,
And close the black behind?
But what’s to do?
I won’t live in this state,
There’s nothing here to lock unto.
I’ll open them again.

Monkeys were dancing everywhere.
Black.
Sleeping on the bottom of the sea.
Black.
Alien creatures pointing their eyes at me.
Black.
Running from a dinosaur.
Black.
Mirrors making me look different.
Black.
People wearing crazy masks.
Black.
Counting all the insects living in the world.
Black.
Dancing with a lady dressed in white.
Black.
Chased by a group of children with big eyes.
Black.

‘Will this ever stop?
I am hungry with curiosity.
What will be next?
I have to see!’

So I opened my eyes again.
He was playing with his moustache.
‘You’re next’, he said.
My rook was there,
My queen was there,
My bishop was there,
And even a knight.
All protecting my king.
And he had only a few pawns.
All scattered everywhere by low morale.
His king is going to fall!
This is his fate!
I moved my rook to close with style
And I caught Einstein in a mate.

But I was tired after this,
So I fell asleep again.

When I awoke, an angel was sitting near my bed.
All dressed in light, his halo sending warmth to me.
‘What is the time?’ I asked.
‘Is night outside?
What is this wire that runs into my nose?
Did they put drugs in me?
Can you paint me in this state?
How much time was I asleep?
What happened to the old man that was lying next to me?’
‘Well, he is dead…’

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm 12 and what is this

PurpleTurtle said...

Well, I have a medical condition for which I had to suffer a surgical intervention some years ago. This is mostly about the delirious state I was in because of the anesthetic drugs they used on me for the operation and about some other experiences gathered in those two months the hospital was my home.

Post a Comment

Things I Like

 
Copyright 2010-2013 Ganea Tudorel Lucilius. All rights reserved with Myows.